Central Indiana Democratic Socialists of America (CINDSA) strongly condemns the murders of Dreasjon Reed, George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, Tony McDade, and all victims of anti-Black state and non-state violence. We demand local, state, and federal governments defund police and prisons, hold killer cops accountable, and dismantle all systems that perpetuate the violence of capitalism and white supremacy. We endorse the reinvestment strategy of Indy 10 Black Lives Matter and the Democratic Socialists of America, which include shifting public funding to education, housing, healthcare, jobs and unemployment, and PPE for combating COVID-19, especially in our most vulnerable communities.
- Protest at the Governor’s Mansion, 12/12 from 12-1 PM
- Central Indiana DSA stands in solidarity with Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) at Butler University
- Statement Against Indiana Avenue Development Project
- DSA Chapters across Indiana call on Gov. Holcomb to extend the eviction moratorium and to cancel rent, utilities and mortgage payments for the time of the coronavirus epidemic
- Central Indiana DSA calls for canceling rent as Gov. Holcomb extends the eviction moratorium to August 14